What I Learned Watching eighth blackbird’s YouTube Channel on a Saturday Night:
- They use the metronome. A lot. And it is hooked up to an enormous amp.
- They sometimes don’t rehearse with a score and have to run around looking at each other’s parts to figure out what is happening. Like us!
- They appear to be willing to do almost anything, including spend a lot of time with a choreographer teaching them various movement techniques.
- They memorize insanely complicated music.
- They look like they are having a LOT of fun.
This makes me all the more excited to begin rehearsals of Patrick’s piece tomorrow. I only hope we can throw ourselves into the performance of this music with half the virtuosity, gusto and good spirits that 8bb does!